Friday, May 9, 2014

STILL! Undefeated

[“Tears Don’t Fall” by Bullet For My Valentine plays over the PA system and the crowd starts to boo.  Travis 22 come out from behind the curtain and jumps around all fired-up like.]

WarHead:  Oh god, not this guy…

Jim “The Amp” Johnson:  Oh no.


[Travis 22 runs down to the ring and gets in and raises his arms to a chorus of boo’s.  He takes a mic as the music dies down.]

Travis 22:  Yeeeeaaahh!!!  If everyone could please stop cheering for a moment, I have an announcement!

[Boo’s rain down even louder.]

Jim:  The NRWL crowd, getting on Travis 22!

Travis 22:  Please!  Please!  I have to make this announcement!  If you could just stop cheering me for a minute.

[Boo’s chorus of boo’s continue]

WarHead:  This guy is messed in the head.

Travis 22:  Well, I suppose it’s only natural everyone wants to cheer me!  I am the most entertaining and exciting wrestler on the roster, and everyone here loves me so much!

[The boo’s are unrelenting.]

Jim:  They’re not cheering you!

Travis 22:  But on to my announcement.  I am pleased to inform everyone that…….I am STILL undefeated!  How about it?!!?

[The boo’s are louder than they’ve been all evening.]

WarHead:  Do you think he might mistakenly think that “undefeated” means “winless”?

Jim:  That’s as good an explanation as any.


Travis 22:  Yeah, Ash was a worthy opponent, but he just doesn’t stack up when it comes to the pure caliber of wrestling pedigree that I possess!  I gave the former NRWL champion all he could handle and then some!  Now, he might’ve gotten the W on paper, but really, I’m the winner in the whole situation.  Everybody can see it!

WarHead:  I kinda thought Ash had a really good showing…

Jim:  He did!  He whooped Travis 22!


Travis 22:  So in keeping up with my current trend of besting better and better talent, I’m calling out someone who’s been unstoppable since he got here, and is a person hero of the NRWL fans!  I’m challenging El Termitas!  El Termitas!  Can you step up to the plate?  Can you do the unthinkable and hand me my first defeat?!  No you can’t, but let’s have the match anyway!  Thank you!

[The crowd boos as the music comes back on.  Travis 22 exits the ring waving and bowing to the crowd]

WarHead:  Calling El Termitas, this is an S.O.S.  Please shut this guy up!

Jim:  El Termitas, you have the hopes and dreams of the entire NRWL on your shoulders!


[The scene fades out.]