Saturday, May 10, 2014

Kiss and Make Up

[Jax Rivers walks up to a door backstage, takes a deep breath, and knocks on the door. After a moment, the door opens and Jade steps out. She eyes Jax angrily while placing a hand on her stomach instinctively.]

Jade: What do you want?

Jax Rivers: Listen, that match. Things got out of hand. You said some things to me about Mandy that I won't repeat. You were wrong to say that to me but I'm not here for an apology. I want to apologize to you.

Jade: You know what? You should be begging me for forgiveness! You kicked me in the stomach. I could have been seriously hurt.

Jax Rivers: I know. I know. Like I said, things got out of hand. I'm not that kind of guy. I don't hit women. The match was intense and I just lost my mind. I made a decision I shouldn't have and as soon as it happened, I regretted it. I just wanted to come here and tell you that I'm very sorry. You didn't deserve what I did.

[Jade measures Jax's remorseful look. She glances down the hallway and then visibly loosens up.]

Jade: That's all I needed to hear. It's ok.

[She takes Jax's hand. Jax looks at her and then to his hand, surprised.]

Jade: You're a good man, Jax Rivers.

[Jade presses up against Jax and gives him a passionate kiss on the lips. Jax, stunned, takes a few seconds to react. He gently pushes her away.]

Jax Rivers: Whoa.. Wait a minute.

[Jax hears a noise and looks down the hallway. Mandy is standing just a few feet away from them. She has tears in her eyes.]

Mandy: Jax?

Jax Rivers: Oh, geez. This isn't what it looks like!

Mandy: How could you?!

[Mandy turns and runs away. Jax pulls away from Jade and runs after her.]

Jax Rivers: Wait!

[Jade watches as Jax takes off after Mandy. She smiles and casually walks back into her dressing room.]