Saturday, May 10, 2014

Moving Forward

[Jay Phillips is in an interview area.]

Jay Phillips: My guest at this time is Jax Rivers.

[Jax steps into view next to Jay.]

Jay Phillips: Jax, you recently have had a series of run ins with Paul Priest and Jade. At the last event, you and Mandy were in a mixed tag team match with Paul and Jade. During that match, you and Jade had an altercation where you struck her, causing a disqualification. We know you tried to apologize to Jade but in the process, well, something happened.

[Jax looks up at the lights and takes a deep breath.]

Jax Rivers: I made a horrible mistake in that match. You can make a mistake and lose a match any day of the week. Afterward, you learn from it and go out the next night stronger for it. This is different. I did something I.. Jay, I don't know why I did what I did. It happened. I tried to correct it the only way I knew how. Somehow, in trying to correct my mistake, I made things even worse. Jade made it look like we were somehow involved with each other, Mandy saw it, got upset, and left. In a matter of days, I cost myself and my girlfriend a match, I lost the respect of those around me because of my actions, and now I have even lost my girlfriend. I came to the NRWL to better myself. Somehow, I have to move forward. I have to prove to myself, and everyone else, that I am the future of this company.

Jay Phillips: Well, I certainly believe that --- hey! What are you doing here?

[Storm Harrison walks into the interview with his bodyguard, Caleb, at his side. Storm has on a pair of sunglasses and takes them off to look over Jax Rivers.]

Storm Harrison: Jay, don't you have better things to do than interview this clown? You should be spending your time interviewing real stars like me, not these new guys. What has [makes quotes with his hands] Jax Rivers ever done noteworthy in this business?

Jay Phillips: You didn't need to quote his name. It's his actual name.  And he was a world champion before coming to NR ---

Storm Harrison: What wrestling company other than NRWL even matters? Please. World Champion.

[Storm takes a step toward Jax and pokes a finger in his chest.]

Storm Harrison: You may have come here thinking you could be a star but now you are standing next to a true superstar. Take a good look because this is the closest you will ever get to greatness.

Jax Rivers: I know you love to hear yourself talk but if you keep going I'm going to break your jaw.

[Caleb steps forward and puts a hand on Jax's shoulder. Jax throws it off.]

Jax Rivers: I'm not afraid of your monster! I've slayed giants before. If I have to do it again, I will, but it's you I want in the ring. I'll show you why I deserve to be here.

[Storm nods his head and then looks to Caleb. They trade some kind of silent communication. Storm looks back at Jax.]

Storm Harrison: Then I'll see you in the ring.

[Storm and Caleb walk off. Jax stares at them as they leave.]