Monday, May 12, 2014

Hit List

[Scene opens with Jay Phillips in the interview area.]

Jay:  Ladies and gentlemen, my guests at this time, NRWL champion Scotty Paris, with Trixie!

[Scotty and Trixie walk into view.  Scotty is on the phone and Trixie is holding his NRWL belt over her shoulder.]

Scotty:  …….Right…..Well listen, you tell him I said so, and if he doesn’t like like it, then he can go pound sand!  …….What? …….What about the phrase “pound sand?!”  ……...Middle Eastern Royal who?--Look, I don’t care if he’s a price or whatever on his own side of the planet!  Over here, it’s my way, or shut up!

[Scotty motions to a stagehand off camera, who walks on to the scene with a bucket of water.  Scotty throws his cell phone into the bucket and the stagehand walks off scene.]

Jay:  Uh, Scotty, thank you for--

Scotty:  You’re absolutely welcome for my time, Jay!  My time is very precious!  I am the NRWL champion, and I am really important!  I just had to deal with Paul Pervert barraging into my dressing room earlier, so you'd better make this good.  You wanted to ask me about my title, right?

Jay:  I--

Scotty:  Well of course you do.  Quite an impressive title defense, don’t you think?  Now, I’ll admit that using my Money In the Bank contract against a beat down Max Headroom was kind of sneaky, but I’m pretty sure I silenced all doubters by taking him to the cleaners at the last show!  I’m the best in the NRWL.  And this belt here proves it!

[Suddenly, Franco Mancini walks onto camera and stands across Scotty and Trixie.]

Scotty!  Hey!  Get out of my interview!  Why do people always have to interrupt my interviews?

[Scotty reaches to his championship belt over Trixie's shoulder and pulls out another phone from behind the belt strap.  He dials a number and holds the phone to his ear.]

Scotty:  Yeah, I need you to fire all the security you hired to replace the security that was fired earlier and hire new ones.  Then, get Sunderland or Charles on the phone and tell them as champion I demand my own private interviewing area that I rightfully deserve, free from the vagrants roaming around, like this guy here!  ......I don't care if you can't see who I'm talking about!  No more of my interviews getting interrupted!  Then, I need you to fire yourself.

[Scotty launches his phone off camera.  After a few seconds, it can be heard smacking and breaking off the concrete floor]

Excuse me, but Jay Phillips here was in the middle of asking me some pretty important questions about the NRWL championship.  Something you wouldn’t know anything about!

Franco: Relax, relax. I like you Scotty. You're a funny guy! I like people who make jokes! That's all you're doing right now, just pretending to be a prestigious champion. It's a good act, and I have no problem with it. See, what I would have a problem with, is if you were serious, and you actually believed the things you were sayin'. That just wouldn't sit well with me. I actually have been provin’ myself week after week. I've pinned or submitted more people this season than anyone! My only loss came when I destroyed everyone in an elimination match, then had some nobody steal my rightful victory! There is no one in the NRWL who can match up with Franco Mancini!

[Franco's serious look on his face fades away, and he starts to chuckle and shake his head]

Franco: Sorry, sorry. I got a bit worked up there. Let me make you an offer. You quit pretending to be champion, and give me the NRWL Championship. In return, you'll avoid being...whacked.

Scotty:  That’s disgusting.  I’ll have none of that.  You can whack all you want in your own dressing room, but not in my interview area.

Jay:  It’s actually my int--

Scotty:  Tell you what.  You want a crack at this belt?  You think you can run with me?  Fine.  You got a shot.  So you bring your clown pants to the next show, and I’ll send you packing.  Then you can go back to making that revolting American Spaghetti of yours.  Come on, Trixie!

[Scotty storms off camera.]

Scotty:  [off-camera]  Jerk.

[Jay tries to regain his composure, and continue the interview]

Jay: Well, Franco, you seemed to have gotten yourself a title match with Scotty Paris. How are you going to prepare for it?

Franco: What are you trying to get at, Jay? You want me to reveal sensitive information like that?

Jay: No, I’m just trying to do an interview.

Franco: An interview? You gonna print some article from this interview, some newspaper headline? Here’s a headline for you: “Franco Mancini guarantees the NRWL Championship, Scotty Paris guarantees his own funeral.” There. Print it!

[Franco Mancini walks away, leaving Jay by himself]

Jay: Ok...Back to the action.

[scene fades out]