Sunday, November 18, 2012

Storm Watch with Guest Tiger Johnson

*An announcer's voice comes on throughout the NRWL Arena. At the top of the entrance ramp, a desk, a couch, and a live band are setup*

Announcer: It's time for Storm Watch with Storm Harrison! Our guest tonight, Tiger Johnson! Music by Tony Raine and the Tornadoes! And now, your host, SSSTTTOOORRRM!!! HARRRRIIIISSSOONN!!!!

*Storm Harrison walks out to the stage smiling and clapping as Tony Raine and the Tornadoes play music for him. He points out to the crowd who gives him a warm response. He bows and stands at the top of the ramp waiting for the crowd to die down. He then takes a seat at his desk.*

Storm Harrison: Wow. Yes! Thank you! It's great to be here. Let's give it up for my band, the ever talented Tony Raine and the Tornadoes! Yeah!

*The crowd cheers and Storm claps along with them.*

SH: Tony. How ya doing?

Tony Raine: Great as always, Storm. Ready for the show?

SH: You bet and what a show we have. Folks tonight is a big deal. Tonight the second event of the NRWL's fifth season is happening and there are some really great matches on this card. Arguably, the biggest match of the night is the Fatal Four Way match to determine the number one contender for the NRWL Championship. Well we've got one of the competitors here on this very show tonight. Without further adieu, I'd like to bring him out. Ladies and gentleman, lets get some noise going for Tiger Johnson!!! Tony, play him in!

*The Tornadoes begin playing "Loser" by Beck instead of Tiger's own music. Tiger steps out from backstage and gives a confused look to Tony Raine and his band. He shakes his head and then walks over to meet Storm Harrison. Both men shake hands. Storm sits back down behind his desk and Tiger sits down on the couch next to the desk. Once the fans quiet down, both men begin to interact.*

SH: Tiger Johnson, welcome to Storm Watch. How are you?

Tiger Johnson: Glad to be here, Storm. Big night tonight and I'm happy to be here to promote the big match.

SH: Ah yes, the Fatal Four Way match. We are going to get to that but I'd like to ask you about how you got to this point. It seems like everyone knows you from your history in Masters of Wrestling but before that you were in the military. Is that right?

TJ: I was, yes. Proud member of the United States Army.

SH: And we thank you for serving our proud country. Isn't that right?

*The crowd cheers.*

TJ: Well thank you. So I finished up my military career and didn't really know what to do next. Because of my size, someone suggested I step into the wrestling ring. Mr. Sunderland was running MoW at the time and hired me.

SH: And you've had a mediocre career ever since. No one who was a fan of MoW could ever forget the terrible knee injury you suffered. It really transformed your career.

TJ: Excuse me. What did you say?

SH: You became known as The Leg. You even joined the Mob for a time. It will probably go down as your legacy that you were a broken man who did what he could to scrape by ever since. Wouldn't you agree?

TJ: Now listen here. You've got it wrong.

SH: Hey, I've been there. I suffered an even more tragic injury that saddened wrestling fans worldwide. Johnny Young pushed me down the stairs. I broke my leg, badly damaged my knee, broke ribs. I was confined to a wheelchair for months while I endured surgeries and painful rehabilitation. It was terrible. Unlike you though, I will be remembered for everything I do going forward! My best days are ahead!

*The fans boo Storm.*

TJ: Being a talk show host? Let me tell you a little something about me since you seem to be completely uninformed. The doctors told me I would never wrestle again. I couldn't walk, let alone wrestle but I still showed up at the MoW shows every week. I spent every minute of everyday working to prove everyone wrong. I did everything I could to get back in that ring. I came back and I persevered. I fought tooth and nail to get back from my injury. If anything, people remember me for being a dominating force in MoW, Tex's Hardcore Wrestling, Darkside Wrestling, and now the NRWL. They told me I wouldn't wrestle again. That was 1995. It's now 2012 and I'm still here and I feel great. What did you do? You sat at home for months doing nothing. You came back, pretending to be crippled, and then attacked someone in the ring. Now, you're sitting behind a desk. Real memorable.

*Fans begin cheering. Storm bites his lower lip and closes his eyes for a moment and then just shakes his head until the fans quiet down.*

SH: You're a terrible guest, Tiger Johnson. I'm going to cut this short but before I do, we need to talk about this match of yours tonight. We have Hardcore Adam, Jacob Washington, that brute Johnny Young, and yourself. No one really believes that you have a chance in this thing. Why are you even bothering?

TJ: You son of a.... You know what? I shouldn't even take anymore of this. I should just walk out but I'm not gonna. I'm going to tell you why I am in this match. I've had a career I'm proud of. Yes, I could just enjoy retirement but I don't want to. I feel damn good, Storm. I can still hang with the boys. I'm feeling hungry for action. More importantly, I'm feeling hungry for some gold. I'm going into this match to win. Adam, Johnny, Jacob, you're going home disappointed tonight. And Ash? Get ready because after tonight, Tiger Johnson is coming for that NRWL Championship!

*The fans cheer for Tiger Johnson. Storm rolls his eyes.*

SH: Oh please. Well, that's our show for tonight. Thanks again to Tiger Johnson for showing up and providing some laughs. Thanks to Tony Raine and The Tornadoes! Next time, we've got Marty Anderson on the show. Yeah, I know, but hopefully you'll tune in anyway. Until then, good night everybody!

*Fans begin to boo. Tony Raine and The Tornadoes start play music and the microphones mute while Tiger points his finger at Storm and appears to be scolding him. Storm sits there with his eyebrow raised and smirking as the screen fades out.*