Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Helping Hand

*Hardcore Adam is in the locker room lacing up his boots. A door opens off screen and he looks up. He cautiously stands up to face John Fraust.*

John Fraust: Hey man. I see you are going to be in the big Fatal Four Way match tonight. Winner gets a title shot. I just wanted to tell you good luck.

Hardcore Adam: Well, thanks. I appreciate the support.

JF: Of course. Look, I can admit when I'm wrong and I was wrong before our match. You're one of the good ones. You haven't lost a step. Who knows? Maybe your brightest days are ahead of you. I was wrong and I apologize.

HA: *Speaking a cold, stand off tone* It's fine. It's the business, right? It's what we do.

JF: Yeah. Well, if you need anything out there tonight, or beforehand, you just let me know. I've got your back.

HA: Yeah, you know, with all due respect, I think I'll be fine. Are we done here?

JF: What's with the cold shoulder? I'm trying to help you out here.

HA: Do you think I wear sunglasses to the ring because I'm blind? I see what you've been up to. You come out, attack the NRWL, the wrestlers, the fans, you seem to have made acquaintances with Killer Malone, and the both of you vicious attack Mark Blood. I don't know what that kid did to you. He's just trying to make it in a business that rewards very few people. You're a snake. You aren't even good at hiding the fact.

JF: You really don't get it, Adam. I think we can help each other out. Be careful what you say. Be careful what you do. You call me a snake but you've got it completely backwards. If you'd listen to what I have to tell you, you'd understand.

HA: Understand this. Not. Interested.

*John Fraust walks out of the locker room. As the door closes behind him, he looks back and sneers at the door. Killer Malone walks up beside him.*

Killer Malone: Well? What did he say?

JF: Didn't even listen.

KM: What to go back in there and make him listen?

*John Fraust thinks about it for a moment.*

JF: No. I think we'll take a different approach here. This is going to be harder than I thought. Let's get ready for our matches tonight.