Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Hungry Tiger Stalks His Prey

*Jay Phillips is in the ring with a microphone.*

Jay Phillips: Ladies and gentleman, my guest at this time is the current number one contender for the NRWL Championship. He will be facing Ash at the next event in an attempt to win it all. Please give a warm welcome to Tiger Johnson!

*The crowd cheers and Tiger Johnson walks out from backstage. He is smiling and slapping hands with the fans on his way to the ring. He stands in the ring, saltines the crowd and then shakes Jay's hand.*

JP: Tiger Johnson, it has been a long road for you. You started in Masters of Wrestling, built a long legacy that has extended to the NRWL. But now you are preparing for what is arguably the biggest match in your career. At the next event you will face Ash for the NRWL Championship. How does it feel to have this opportunity?

Tiger Johnson: Jay, no argument at all. This is the biggest match of my career. I've done a lot. I've been around a long time. I could have hung up the boots and enjoyed retirement. I would have been happy with the legacy I already had. But the truth is, I would always know in the back of my mind that I could have done more. The NRWL graciously gave me that opportunity to come back and give it another go and I am making the most of it. I'm feeling great. I'm feeling hungry for gold and I will become NRWL Champion!

*The crowd cheers but it is a somewhat muted response. Despite Tiger Johnson's popularity, the current champion, Ash, is extremely popular with the fans as well.*

JP: Tiger, you sound ready to go but do you have any words for your opponent the NRWL Champion, Ash?

*The crowd cheers when Ash's name is mentioned. Tiger smiles and addresses the crowd.*

TJ: Hey, I feel you! I'm a fan of Ash too. I think he's a great wrestler and is worthy of the NRWL Championship but when the bell rings, he is competition to me. Ash, you are an incredible talent and its obvious why these fans respect you. I am honored to have the opportunity to step into the ring with you. But you have something I want and you had better understand that failure is not an option here. I want to be the next NRWL Champion. You are in for the fight of your life. When it's over, I will shake your hand in respect but that gold strap? It's going to be around my waist. Ash, I'll see you in the ring.

*Tiger Johnson shakes Jay's hand again and steps out of the ring, shaking hands with fans on the outside. He walks to the top of the ramp, salutes the crowd, and walks backstage.*

JP: Well there you have it, fans. Tiger Johnson sounds ready to battle Ash for the NRWL Championship. I am sure we'll get a response from Ash soon. What will the NRWL Champion have to say?