Sunday, November 11, 2012

Bloody Japan

*Katsutoshi and Leiko are walking through the halls backstage. Katsutoshi walks proud having just challenged John Fraust to a match. Leiko looks at him with adoration. As they turn a corner, Katsutoshi bumps right into Fraust who is just standing there with a dead stare.*

Katsutoshi: Uhh... Geez. What are you standing here for?

John Fraust: I heard what you said out there.

K: Ah, right. Well look...

JF: No, hey, I get it. It's a great opportunity to make a name for yourself. I get it. I've been around long enough to know the game. Listen, I just wanted to introduce myself.

*Katsutoshi looks at Leiko, who merely shrugs at him. Both look a little confused.*

JF: John --- *Fraust belts Katsutoshi in the jaw with a right hand. Katsutoshi falls down and nearly knocks over Leiko. She looks at Fraust, fearfully. Fraust looks at her and then fakes a lunge toward her. She stumbles back but catches herself against a wall before falling over. She looks at Fraust and then pulls on Katsutoshi's arm. Katsutoshi is shaking his head trying to get his bearings but ultimately follows Leiko back from where they came.* --- Fraust.

*After a moment, a door opens in the hallway next to John Fraust. Mark Blood steps out and sees Fraust standing there.*

Mark Blood: Hey! Good to see you, man. I've been meaning to catch up with you since you came back. How are things?

JF: Not so good, Mark. Not good at all.

MB: What? Why? What's wrong?

JF: Well, for starters, I've been watching you over the last year. Your father and I trained you to get to this point and, well, frankly I expected more.

MB: Fraust, look, it's been a little rough lately but I have a plan. I know where I need to be and I'm working on it.

JF: Your plan sucks, Mark. You obviously haven't learned anything at all! Who the hell needs a "pure" wrestler these days? You need to adapt! You need to constantly evolve to make it in this business. Your father knew that. Just because this company made him look like some washed up technical wrestler doesn't mean that is who he was. He was in more brutal matches than I could ever imagine being in! I don't know where this righteous fight for purity came from but you're in the wrong business. You'll never make it.

MB: You know what? I should have known you'd think this way. You were exactly the problem with wrestling for years. You straightened out, cleaned up, started doing things the right way. What happened? You come back from... where did you go anyway?! You come back here and suddenly you're back to your old, grungy self. If anything, I am the one who expected more.

JF: I kind of thought you'd say that....... you're pathetic.

*Fraust walks away and down the hallway. Mark Blood, boiling with rage, follows him down the hallway.

MB: No! Don't walk away from me! Stop! What's your problem?!

*As Mark walks past a closet door that is partially open, Killer Malone pushes it up the rest of the way, knocking Mark off balance. Malone, armed with a bat, pokes Mark in the ribs and then whacks the bat across his shoulder blades. Mark Blood growls in pain and tries to stand up but is then clotheslined by Killer Malone. Malone kneels down and starts punching him. Malone stands up and John Fraust stands beside him. Both men look down at Mark Blood, who is motionless.*

Killer Malone: He's going to want to fight me now, you know.

JF: Yeah, but he'll come around... even if we have to beat it into him.

*Both men walk away as Mark Blood starts to stir on the floor. He has no idea where he is or even what happened. Once he is able to sit up and shake his head, his eyebrows lower and he clinches his teeth in anger.*